Already i have explained about sitemap in the previous article that sitemap generator for blogger / blog. In this article am going to show you how to submit the generated site map to the google and other search engines. By submitting your sitemap your blogger / blog traffic will be increased due to the accessibility and faster navigation. To submit your sitemap to google seacrh engine you have to submit your sitemap in webmaster tools. You need a registered google account to signup in webmasters tools. In this tutorial am also going to show how to verify the ownership of a blog / blogger / website in webmasters tool .
How to get into webmaster :
1. Goto this link to reach webmasters tools
2. Now you have to verify your ownership.click on Add a site button
3. You’ll be asked to enter the url of site to verify your ownership.Enter the url and click on continue.
4. There are several verification methods like html upload ,cname verification , txt record update.
5.In the first method html verification.this is only for self hosting blog’s.
6. For blogger’s select alternate verification method.
in alternate method you can see several options
- HTML tag
- Domain name provider
- Google analytics
- Google tag manager
7. If you have a domain ,choose domain name provider ,select your provider if listed else select other
8. Unless still you are in blogspot just click on HTML tag verification.
9. Copy the given meta tag and return to your blogger dashboard
10. Open template and click on Edit HTML
11. Now search for <head> tag .
12. After to the <head> tag paste the meta tag you have got in webmasters.
13. Save the template .
14. Return back to webmaster and click verify button.You will get verification success message.
15. Goto Webmasters again.Now you can see that your website/ blog is verified else you will see message as not verified.
16.After successful verification click on the website / blogger.
17. Now click on crawl–>sitemap–>Add / Test sitemap.
18. enter the sitemap link that you have generated in the previous article
19. Click submit sitemap.All done.
20.Later hours check the sitemap tab. you can see how many urls are submited and how many are indexed by google.
You can follow the same steps to submit sitemap of your website / blog / blogger to bing webmaster tools
By this steps you can generate much traffic.By this method you won’t get.For that you have to keep posting healthy contents that could be indexed by google easier.
If you like my work give G+ and like in Facebook