Exchange Server 2016 Installation – In this part we will be configuring and installing the pre-requisites of exchange server 2016. Exchange server 2016 installation will be done in Windows Server 2012 or Windows 2012 R2 Standard / Data center edition is requried. If windows server 2012 core edition is installed will give remedy in this post itself.Why not core edition, because configuring Exchange Server 2016 requires GUI mode where core edition can’t get it work.
How to install GUI mode in Windows Server Core Edition / How to convert to GUI mode in windows server core edition :
As i said the following is the remedy.
Login into your windows server 2012 / 2012 R2
Launch your windows powershell and type the following command.
Install-WindowsFeature Server-Gui-Mgmt-Infra, Server-Gui-Shell -Restart
Make sure you have active internet connection to get the update.
Requirements before installing Exchange Server 2016:
- Active Directory Server –All domain controllers running in the forest must be running one of the following edition:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard or Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard or Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter RTM or later
- Windows Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise, or Datacenter